Monday, November 9, 2009

Midterm Project


Artist Statement
My Big Idea is Emotion. As I explored Photoshop and the images I've created throughout the midterm process, I wanted to focus on the extremes of emotion. Personally, I feel that sadness is the worst emotion to experience and happiness is the best. I felt as if the images would contrast each other and each one would evoke these emotions when looking at them. When thinking of the saddest thing anyone could go through, I came up with a parent dealing with a child's suicide. I created a dark, cryptic image that would make any mother cringe. On a lighter note, to me happiness is to love and be loved. I created a brighter image where two people stare at a collage of things for which they are thankful and make them happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment